Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Do You Do On A Rainy Day?

As I approached Smiths Falls this morning, the rain went from light showers to a solid downpour - sheets of water pelting down on my windshield.  And as I approached the museum, the rain came down even faster.  As I got out of my car, I got soaked to the skin.  What a way to start the day!  It seemed like it was going to be one of those days where we wouldn't get a lot done. However, 2 1/2 hours later as I reflected on what we had done, I guess we did make progress.

Brad and Corey managed to get a few extra feet of trenching done so that we're now down to about 8' left to dig out.Cliff and I outchanged the burnt-out sump pump in the furnace room basement and got it working.  To finish the job, I cut the electrical cord off of the pump and Cliff threw the burnt-out sump pump into the dumpster across the way. After that, we cut into the line in the furnace room basement, installed a Y and started to run some ABS plastic pipe into the gift shop basement.

As I had to leave early on some personal business, we only had about 2 1/2 hours of work but it was the kind of work that sets us up to make good progress for the next number of weeks.  All in all, not a bad day in spite of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment